Monday, August 23, 2010

Quick and Easy

So today I was running around with my son, getting my excercise on....playing tennis with him.  We were out and about and didn't have a whole lot of time to make an elaborate dinner.  So tonight I grilled steaks, baked sweet potatoe fries, micro-waved corn on the cob and...goofed around with making garlic bread.  Here's what I did with the garlic bread:  I combined room temperature garlic butter (already made which I bought at Whole Foods) with a dollup (yes, a dollup) of tomatoe paste.  I like to have the tube of tomatoe paste in the fridge so if I only want a little, it keeps and I don't feel like I waste any.  Anyhow, I mixed those two ingredients then spread it lightly, over sliced french bread.  I "grilled" them on my Cuisenart Griddler (which I LOVE!)  They were quite delicious.  The tomatoe paste added a nice little surprise to it.  Here's a pix:
Grilled Garlic Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment