Thursday, March 24, 2011

Left-over Soup

I got a wonderful email from my hubby today...it said...wouldn't mind if we had the left-over lasagna for dinner tonight.

Well that's good news!  Using up the left-overs means good use of food and money AND I don't have to cook dinner!!! (hmmm, which one do I like better...)

So that's what's for dinner tonight.   HOWEVER, I decided to go alittle further on that left-over theme and see what I had hanging out in my fridge, to make some soup to go with the lasagna.  So, here is what I found in my fridge:  chicken stock, 1 zucchini (left over from my zucchini sticks), rice (from another night of dinner), a smidge of pasta sauce (from yet another night). 

I sauted 1 chopped up garlic clove in some olive oil, then added my 1 zucchini-all chopped up in tiny pieces-and then sauted that too.  I added some oregano, kosher salt and pepper to this concoction.  Once the zucchini was softened, I then added about 2 cups of chicken stock and about 1/2 cup of pasta sauce.  Then I put in a bay leaf and added the rice (probably about 1 cup) and let simmer for about 10 minutes.  Gotta say, it is DELISH!!!!  And talk about multiple uses for ingredients!

Left-Over Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment