Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's good to be back!

Boy o Boy I have missed 3 months worth of blogging!   No excuses, well maybe one--my camera broke and since I love to look at pictures I was using a pictureless excuse to keep me from blogging.  Well problem solved!  I got a new little cutie camera so no more excuses. 

Also, I want to focus on using ingredients in more ways than one.  If not during the same week, then to freeze and re-use another time.  (Dinner in the freezer is like money in the bank!!!) My ingredient for tonight that will do double work: ground turkey (only ground turkey breast, mind you!!)

Since turkey is tasteless (imho), you need to add something in it that has a very distinct taste.  And my choice, for tonight, is pesto.  We love pesto and by adding the pesto to the ground turkey, the turkey will take on that taste.

Last night I invented pesto turkey lasagna.  It came out GREAT and it allows me another meal to invent with the extra turkey meatballs I made.  Which will be spagetti and turkey pesto meatballs, for next week!  Yummy!

Here's what I did:                                                                                      
pesto meatballs that I baked in the oven

tomato basil sauce

a layer includes:
cut up pesto meatballs,
blend of italian cheeses and sauce

finished lasagna!
Do you see the little piece that's missing?
well I had to test it first!





No comments:

Post a Comment