Tuesday, November 30, 2010

more from the new rachael ray cookbook

Last night I tried her three-bean pasta e fagioli (page 39) and didn't think it was so good.  Not a whole lot of flavor and I thought it would be enough food for dinner, but after I made it I realized it was more like a hearty soup.  So, I had to quickly see what I had on hand to add to it to make it a meal.  Luckily, I had tilapia!!  So I made my favorite tilapia dish (melt flavored garlic butter then add panko bread crumbs, salt and pepper.  Take off burner then add parmesan cheese, then pat this mixture on the fish and then bake at 400 degrees for 13 minutes) but changed it up abit: made it into wraps with a fresh salsa drizzled on it.  YUM!!!

Tonight is yet another Rachael Ray recipe.  It is actually in the morning but I made it already---I am waiting for a lame-o UPS delivery...3rd attempt...so I'm making good use of my waiting time! HA!  Anyway, I made the chinese orange-barbeque cashew chicken (page 102).  I tasted it, and while it didn't taste real bbq-ish, it did have a good taste!  But then again, it's 9:30 in the morning so I'm not sure if my taste buds are fully awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment