Monday, November 1, 2010

Love those Leftovers!!!

So last night, I made a turkey breast (slathered  with garlic butter..yummmm!!!!  Love those flavored butters :) )  So, I had quite abit left over.  I decided to make a pot of turkey chili.  The weather  is getting a nip in the air, which is perfect-o for chili!!!  I really liked this recipe because I'm not a fan of ground turkey.  I simply cut up, in small bite size pieces, my turkey breast that was left over from the night before.  Here's my recipe, in case you want to use your left-over turkey, perhaps from Thanksgiving!!  And incase you were wondering, no my favorite son did not eat this.  Instead I saved some of the turkey and he ate it in the slice form.

Turkey Chili

1 Tblspoon olive oil
1 bell pepper, any color, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper,seeded and chopped
1 bay leaf
1 1/2 pounds diced left over turkey meat
2 Tablespoons chili powder
1 Tablespoon cumin
2 Teaspoons cayenne pepper sauce
any other vegies you have as leftovers (I used roasted cauliflower and corn)
1 28 ounce tomatoe puree (I prefer anything with San Marzano tomatoes)
2 cups chicken stock
kosher salt to taste
----

Heat a large pot and add oil.  Add the peppers and cook for 5 minutes, until soft.  Add the bay leafand then rest of ingredients.  Bring to a boil then let it simmer for about 30 minutes.  It will thicken the longer you simmer it so you may need to add more stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment