Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday Sup

So we got back from a fabulous weekend at PSU!!!  Had a great time visiting with our favorite daughter, cheering on our favorite college football team, and tailgating with my daughters favorite friends!!!  WOW :) 

So while I was feeling alittle tired when we got home, I was craving a delish and healthy dinner.  So, here's what I came up with:  Mexican chicken soup (it was very cold and wanted some soup for tonight and also to have some for the rest of the week.  Also wanted to try out this version of chicken soup to test it to see if my favorite daughter would like it, for when she comes home over Thanksgiving break and....it's a winner!!!)  What makes it mexican????  I know I just read your mind.  haha  Well, it has a chopped up jalapeno pepper in it, tomato puree,cumin and coriander seed.  That really changes up the flavor.

Mexican chicken soup with cheese on top

I also made chicken piccato, roasted potatoes and nuked some frozen corn as a last thought.  I know,everything is light color.  tuff-o, it's still a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment