Monday, September 13, 2010

Freezer Dinner

I haven't been blogging the last week because I have been very busy with my family.  With the holidays and all, I have been cooking way over the normal weeknight menus so I didn't include them at all.  It was like having a Sunday night meal for 3 nights in a row!  So I needed to take a little break.  But, I'm back :)  And, now, school has started and that means after school activities have also started which in turn means I need to be running around from 4-7ish.  So, when we got home at 7:15 I really pulled tonight's dinner out of my a--...so to speak!  I found all the ingredients in my freezer and within 10 minutes, I had a very filling and satisfying dinner.   the menu:

--Salad (that was just a little extra since I had the lettuce)
--Trader Joe's frozen Quinoa with vegetable melange (found in the freezer and takes 7 minutes in the microwave)
--Cut up chicken sausage mixed into the quinoa (found in the freezer, defrosted in the microwave and cooked on the stove top for 7 minutes)

Trader Joe's to the rescue!

No comments:

Post a Comment