Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lauren's Chicken

So I am sticking to my food plan I mapped out on Sunday!  I am very proud of  myself..haha.  So tonight I am making a chicken entree that happens to be one of my daughter's favorite dinners.  Now she is at PSU (a freshman) and I have been really really really missing her lately, so I decided to make her favorite dinner to make me feel like she is here, even tho she isn't.  A little wacky reasoning, but it helped.  Back to the food.  It is actually very easy, so shhhhh-don't tell her!  The secret is: use a crock pot, also known as a slow cooker.  Simply place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot.  Salt and pepper them.  Then, pour your favorite marinara sauce over it, being sure to cover the chicken and having about 1/4 inch of liquid.  If you don't have enough sauce, then add some chicken stock.  Then put the lid on and slow cook on low for about 6 hours or put it on high for about 4 hours.  It is done when the chicken basically falls apart with a fork.  LOVE that soft texture.  Melts in your mouth! Then, just make pasta and serve together!  Be sure to make alot because you are going to want leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment