Thursday, September 16, 2010

Guess the Dinner

Ok, so here's the game I play every night:  I look in the pantry/fridge/freezer and see what I have and try to come up with a yummy combination for dinner.  Here's tonight's ingredients:

                   chicken,black beans, peaches, jalepeno pepper, rice, tortilla shells 

Well, I don't know about you, but that spells chicken fajitas to me!!!
So, I made the fajitas, with sauted red peppers and onions on the side.  I invented my rice dish which I will definitely make again.  Here is the recipe:

FAJITA RICE
Brown Rice
Peach, cut up in small pieces
Jalepeno Pepper,diced
Lime Juice
Kosher Salt
Black Beans (canned)
Chipotle Pepper in Adobe Sauce
--------------------------------------
Make the brown rice (I actually used Trader Joe's frozen brown rice.   You nuke it for 3 minutes and it is perfect every time!  I always have a box in my freezer) and put in large bowl.  Toss in the peach, jalepeno pepper, 1/2 cup black beans, sprinkle of salt,one lime's worth of juice, and 2 Teaspoons of the adobe sauce.  I'm telling you--very tasty!!!  Ole!

Fajita Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment