Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Sup

So on Sundays, I like to still keep it nice and easy for the dinner menu, but I do like to add a little more complicated dish...since I usually have alittle more time to prepare.  It is a beautiful day today so I wanted to grill outside.  Don't know how many more days I will feel like doing that.  I did look for corn on the cob in the foodstore and sadly, there wasn't any.  I guess it's good bye for the corn season.  So, tonight's meal is: grilled steak, sauted asparagus and tasty potatoes (my "complicated dish")  The potatoes came out delish!  I just boiled small yukon gold potatoes for about 40 minutes, then, on a plate, I smashed them lightly with a fork.  Then, I sauted 2 garlic cloves and 1 Tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary, in a skillet that had some olive oil in it.  Then, salt and peppered those smashed potatoes and sauted them, both sides, in the pan with the yummy flavored oil.  When it got light brown I plated it and sprinkled some parmesan cheese over it. Rosemary and potatoes are a winning combo. I need to remember that!  Picture is below. 

I also decided to kind of map out my dinners for the rest of the week.  Now keep in mind, I have done my grocery shopping and I REFUSE to go again.  So, specifics will be determined based on what I have left.  But the outline is:
Monday-whatever night...Husband at Phillies game so I will make total kid food, like mac and cheese
Tuesdsay-chicken
Wed-pasta
Thursday-leftover using the chicken in another form to fool my family into thinking it isn't a leftover
Friday-fish
Tasty Potatoes with Rosemary

No comments:

Post a Comment